International Trade Procedures & Customs Requirements
The course will give the participants a better understanding on:
- Customs operations in the areas of revenue collection and assessment,
- Issuance of customs permits,
- Control over licensed premises,
- Free trade zone and enforcement at checkpoints.
- An overview on rules of origin
- Free trade arrangements.
- Customs Operation and requirements
- Import and Export Custom Practices
- Types of Customs permits
- Free trade zone
- Rules of origin
- Free Trade Agreement: How to use FTA to improve your business?
The course is specially designed for junior executives of import/export, freight forwarding, shipping, custom and administrative who are handling goods on import, export and on Transshipment.
Course Duration : 1 day
Total Training Hours : 7 hours
Classroom based lectures, group discussions and case-studies.
Mr Chris Tan graduated from the University of Singapore with a Bachelor of Arts (Honours). He served with the Singapore Customs for 29 years prior to his retirement. He has been engaged as a Customs Consultant in various Customs modernization projects under the auspices of the World Bank, Asian Development Bank and UN-ESCAP in the Caucasus (Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan), Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan) Vietnam, Laos PDR, Mozambique and Mongolia. He has also conducted training in Customs operations, processes and procedures in Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar and Oman.